Bordeaux Oxygene - Some Recommendations Add/Read Comments
Snooth Wine Search:
The group focuses on the marketing and promotion of Bordeaux wines and tries to do things totally differently to the 'established' ways - many of the group inherited their estates from their parents; their youth means they aim to increase their wines appeal to younger wine drinkers.
Sadly no prices or stockists for the wines listed below; you should harass your local wine merchant to source some of these for you. The quality is top notch.
I had the great pleasure of meeting many of the Bordeaux Oxygène group last December. They put on a fine tasting of many of their wines. The groups membership comprises:
- Juliette Bécot - Châteaux Joanin Bécot, Côtes de Castillon, and Beau-Séjour Bécot, St-Emilion
Highly recommended is the Châteaux Joanin Bécot 2005 (red), rich and full.
- Jean-Jacques and Séverine Bonnie - Château Malartic-Lagravière, Pessac-Léognan
The Malartic 2005 is highly perfumed with a delicious palate.
- Jean-Baptiste Bourotte - Château Bonalgue and Clos du Clocher, Pomerol
The 2005 Clocher needs a little time but is going to be stunning.
- Alice Cathiard-Tourbier and Jérôme Tourbier - Château Smith-Haut-Lafitte, Pessac-Léognan
- Mathieu Chadronnier - Château Marsau, Côtes de Francs
- Marie and Sylvie Courselle - Château Thieuley, Bordeaux Supérieur
Try the lemon fresh Château Thieuley 2005 Sauvignon-Semillon blend or the oaky Cuvee Francis Courselle
- Matthieu Cuvelier - Château Clos Fourtet, St-Émilion
- Coralie de Boüard - Château Angélus, St-Émilion, and La Fleur de Boüard, Lalande de Pomerol
- Basaline and Thibault Despagne - Châteaux Tour de Mirambeau, Bordeaux Supérieur, and Mont-Pérat, Premières Côtes de Bordeaux
The white Mirambeau 2005 was at once toasty and creamy and the top cuvee, Girolate Echantillon 2005 (red) just has to be tried.
- Erwan Flageul - Château Brillette, Moulis
- Caroline Frey - Château La Lagune, Haut-Médoc
- Eloïse Heeter-Tari - Château Nairac, Sauternes
- Edouard Labruyère - Château Rouget, Pomerol
- Florence Lafragette and Marcello Roudil - Châteaux Rouillac, Pessac-Léognan, L'Hôspital, Graves, and La Loudenne, Médoc
The L'Hôspital 2005 (red) is refined and very classy.
- Jean-Christophe Mau - Châteaux Brown, Pessac-Léognan and Preuillac, Médoc
Look out for the superbly aromatic, passion fruit laden Chateau Brown 2006 Sauvignon Blanc.
- Jean-Antoine Nony - Château Grand Mayne, St-Émilion
- Stéphanie Rolland-Lesage - Châteaux Le Bon Pasteur, Pomerol, Fontenil, Fronsac and La Grande Clotte, Bordeaux Blanc
- Benoit Trocard - Clos Dubreuil, St-Émilion and Clos de la Vielle Eglise, Pomerol
Previous Post: Wine Tasting Note: Mas de la Seranne, 2003, Coteaux du Languedoc, France. Next Post: Tapanappa Whalebone Vineyard