They came like bees to the proverbial pot of locally sourced honey – a selection of the UK’s top wine, food and drink bloggers headed to London last Sunday for a wine tasting lunch. Farringdon Station was the meet-up point for, as is my wont, the tasting was a secret. These wonderful people knew nothing of eventual destination, the wines that were to be available or the format of the tasting. What trust! Especially as most have never met me so handing over a tenner for the privilege of meeting someone off the internet was rather a coupe.
With Vinoteca being the venue the lunch was guaranteed to be rather decent add in 12 Australian wine makers and associated wines I think the expectation lived up to the hype. The Wine Makers are all part of the informal grouping of Australia’s First Families of Wine. Twitter tags for the day were #arse4 (the 4th of Andrew’s Really Secret Tastings) and #affwine (Australia First Familes of Wine).
I should mention that Vinoteca is normally closed on a Sunday; being damn hard to secure a table, such as its popularity; I arranged for a private hire session. Details of the wines and food to follow here though a few photos…
- 1 Jeanne Horak Cooksisterblog http://www.Cooksister.com
- 2 Lisa Greensill Lisa300662
- 3 Neil Houston yetanothergin http://yetanothergin.co.uk
- 4 Sarah Belizaire Butler sarahbb1 http://eatsdrinksandsleeps.wordpress.com/
- 5 Jez Greenspan The_WineTwit http://www.thewinetwit.blogspot.com/
- 6 Jackie Dyer FoodWineDiarist http://foodwinediarist.wordpress.com/
- 7 Sophie McLean Sophie_McLean http://www.champagneonthebrain.blogspot.com
- 8 Jason Millar Twentygauloises
- 9 Heather Dougherty Wineandwords http://www.Redwhiteandrose.co.uk
- 10 Eamon FitzGerald Grape_Escape http://mygrapeescape.ie