Louis Roederer International Wine Writers Awards 2008 Add/Read Comments
Snooth Wine Search:
As in 2007, some changes have been made to further improve the awards, based on feedback from entrants and judges. In effect they have split the Wine Writer of the Year Award into two separate categories, one for Feature Writer of the Year and another for Columnist of the Year.
By doing this, it is hoped that greater recognition to the vital role of wine columnists in communicating about wine will be made, and to recognise the very two different disciplines of feature- and column-writing.
They are also introducing an online category, for specialist blogs and websites.
Entry forms will be sent out on 5th February, with the closing date for entries being March 14th. Entries will have to have been first published or broadcast between 17th March 2007 and the closing date. The winner in each category will receive £1500.00, plus a magnum each of Cristal and Chateau de Selle Rosé from Domaine Ott.
The full list of categories will be:
- Louis Roederer International Award for Wine Feature Writer 2008
- Louis Roederer International Award for Wine Columnist 2008
- Louis Roederer International Award for Champagne Writer/ Presenter 2007
- Louis Roederer International Award for Wine Book 2007
- Louis Roederer International Award for Online Wine Writer 2008
- Louis Roederer UK Award for Regional Wine Writer 2007
The Judging panel will be:
Sarah Jane Evans MW - Wine Writer and Broadcaster
Giles MacDonogh - Author and Wine Writer
Hamish Marrett-Crosby - Broadcaster, BBC Radio Jersey
James Mates - Senior Correspondent, ITV News
Toby Peirce - Proprietor, Quaff Fine Wine
Gregor Rankin - Publisher, Food & Travel Magazine
Steven Spurrier - President of the Circle of Wine Writers and Chairman of the Panel of Judges