The Definitive List of UK Wine Bloggers Add/Read Comments
Snooth Wine Search:
One non-UK based blog is intentionally in the list due to their growing influence and rapport with the UK wine trade, their marvellous work in promoting social media in the wine field and organising the European Wine Bloggers conference.
Just following half of those listed will give an excellent overview of the UK wine scene - what's hot, what's chilling, what's good down the supermarket...
It would be great for a comment or email altering me to any I have missed, as I am certain to have done. The only criteria is that the blog must be predominantly about wine (sorry Douglas) and be based in the UK or write about the UK wine scene. Each authors twitter tag is also listed.
These are personal blogs only. I'll look into compiling a list of retailer blogs and winery blogs if there is enough interest and people send me their details.
The UK's Wine Bloggers:
- Andrew Jefford - sure you can work out who writes this one!
- Anthony Rose - guess who...
- Big Pinots - from David Lowe Twitter: bigpinots
- Catavino - from Gabriella and Ryan based in Spain, covering Iberian wines Twitter: catavino
- Cellar Fella - from Simon Burnton. Twitter: TheCellarFella
- ClueLessAboutWine - written by 'Charlie'
- Confessions of a Wino - from Alastair Bathgate
- Drinking Outside the Box - from Simon Woods Twitter: Woods Wine
- FoodWineTravel - written by Sommelier Robert Ciorgione
- Graped Crusader - by Richard Saxton Twitter: @GrapedCrusader
- Grape Fan - penned by Colin Smith
- Intoxicating Prose - by dapper man-about-town Douglas Blyde Twitter: douglasblyde
- Jamie Goode's Wine Blog - from Jamie Goode
- Jim's Loire - from Jim Budd, focus is on news and wines from the Loire Twitter: JymBudd
- Liquid Assets - from Heather Dougherty and Heather Aitken
- Miss Bouquet - written by the lovely Miss Bouquet! Twitter: MissBouquet
- Oenotype - from David Derbyshire
- Old Parn - from Tom Parnell Twitter: billicatons
- Pinotage Club all things Pinotage from Peter May
- Quentin Sadler's Wine Page - by Quentin Sadler
- Spittoon - thats this blog Twitter: wine_scribbler
- The Tasting Note - penned by Peter Wood
- The Wine Detective - from Sarah Ahmed
- The Wine Doctor - from Chris Kissack
- The Wine Maestro - by Brett Jones
- The Wine Sleuth - from Denise Madrano. Handy with the video camera is our Denise. Twitter: thewinesleuth
- The Wine Twit - from Jez Greespan. Twitter the_winetwit
- Thirst for Wine from Robert MacIntosh Twitter: thirstforwine
- Tim's Wine Blog - from, umm, Tim, focusing on supermarket wine ranges
- Tipple Tattle - from Eleanor Read Twitter: @tippletattle (not active?)
- UKWinesOnline - from John Boutall, concentrating on the UK's independent wine merchant scene
- Wine Food Other Pleasures - by Lucy Bridgers Twitter: lucybridgers
- Wine Gums - by Christopher Townend (not active?) Twitter Wine Gums
- Wine Passionista - Tara Devon Twitter: tara_devon
- Wine of the Week - by Gavin Williams Twitter: WineOfTheWeek
- The Wine Maestro - by Brett Jones Twitter: TheWineMaestro
- Wine Rant - by Richard Bray Twitter: RichardWHBray
- Wine The Gap - by Chris Bryant Twitter: TheChrisBryant
- Wine Tipster - by Neil Philips Twitter: thewinetipster
- Wines We Drink - written by Katrina Percy
- Wine Wire - no idea who writes this one
- Wine Woman and Song - by Juel Mahoney. Also Vinissima, specialising in Italian wine. Twitter: WineWomanSong