UKWinesOnline - recent listings Add/Read Comments
Snooth Wine Search:
Sadly that old site fell when the host company folded. But I have recently resurrected UKWinesOnline in a simpler form. The old site ranked and graded the merchants, enabled the browsing of their wine lists, linked into tasting notes and allowed customers to leave comments and so on. UKWOL is now in a simpler blog format. But its aim remains the same - to raise the profile of those independent merchants that offer wines and a level of service that the supermarkets can never hope to match.
Recent listings, all worthy of exploration if you are a UK resident, include -
- The Vineking, Reigate, Surrey with a great hand selected range.
- Wine Of Course offering the largest range of Bulgarian wines in the UK
- Smithfield Wines, Manchester excellent vegan/vegetarian wine range
- Sussex Wine Company based in Eastbourne. Broad range of wines, spirits and some deli produce
- Champagne Par Excellence - a small, high quality range of small producer Champagnes
- Italy Abroad - wines and deli produce from Italy
In addition to listing merchants, various wine tastings and events are also posted. It is a relatively new site that could do with some consumer feedback on the merchants listed. [I note with annoyance that the page navigation isn't working...]
Previous Post: Wine Tasting Note: Laroche Rosé, 2006, Vin de Pays d'Oc, France Next Post: A note from Spain