Wine and Food Matching: Combinations. Add/Read Comments
Snooth Wine Search:
You may start with the wine and select a dish to accompany or take the other route and begin with the food and select a wine that emphasises a certain aspect of the flavour or enhances the dishes regionality. Alternatively you could just bung any old crap in a glass from that 'bottle with a nice label' and hope it works. It probably won't.
A new blog-event is called for, one where a dish be it nibbles, starter, mains or dessert, from the humblest late night snack to dinner party signature dishes, is replicated and a wine selected to accompany.
Why was that particular style/grape/region selected? Was the wine or the food enhanced in any way? Or did the wine totally over-power the delicate flavours? These are the questions that will need answering in each participants post with the overall aim being to assist those whose wine knowledge is limited to making informed decisions on matching food and wine.
- The host is to post a recipe on the 4th of each month. The recipe can be something new, taken from a book or magazine or (ideally) selected from across the food blogosphere.
- Participants are to replicate the dish as closely as possible (allowing for local availability of ingredients and cooking ability) over the following two weeks.
- A wine (or indeed other drink) should be selected and served with the dish.
- Each participants 'report' should indicate why the wine was chosen and how it accompanied the dish.
- The host should compile the entries on or about the 24th of the month.
Previous Post: The Government's Wine Cellar. Next Post: Curious Brew - New Beers.