After the hard slog of tasting the thousands of wines – not just by me you understand – the fun of the award ceremony, a few tunes from a string quartet and a superb cocktail party (a video of the event has been added to the Zarcillo
website) Just wish I had a laptop for on-the-spot blogging!
Peñafiel Castle in Castilla y Leon hosted the full week of wine tastings (pictured). The awards were announced in Valladolid.
Grand Gold Medals
- Werner Anselmann Ortega Beerenauslese, 2003, Germany
- Rodero Carmelo Rodero TSM, 2005, Ribera del Duero, Spain
- Sonsierra Iporos Vendimia Seleccionada, 2004, Rioja, Spain
- Rejadorada Novellum de Rejadorada, 2004, Toro, Spain
- Provam, Vinha Antiga, 2005, Portugal
Sadly I haven’t been able to locate UK stockists for any of these top award winners. The full list of awards, Grand Golds, Golds and Silver winners, are available on the Zarcillo website.
UPDATE: Several of these award winners are available in the UK from Dulcinea Wines.
© 2004-2015 Spittoon.biz All Rights Reserved